How do I apply?
First Round Questions: Applicants will be asked to provide the following for Round One
A 5 sentence executive summary capturing your idea, and answers to the following questions (max 150 words for each answer to each question)
- What is your social enterprise idea and what social need is it targeting?
- What social benefits do you believe your venture will generate?
- How will your venture make money and become sustainable in the long term?
- How is your team structured and how do the key strengths and weaknesses of your team help you meet your goals?
- If you won McKinsey Venture Academy, what would you anticipate as the key next steps for your venture?
What we look for in Round One: Judging Criteria
Opportunity and Need
A description of the factors below at a high level:
- The social or environmental need
- Revenue generation model
- Size of the opportunity
- Feasibility, given the current social and economic climate
- Clearly identified social impact
- A plan for how to measure and evaluate the impact
- Team members have relevant skills and experience (e.g., planning, execution, technical)
- Demonstrated commitment to the project
- Clear and compelling communication
- Initial thoughts of a plan for milestones and deliverables
- Potential execution challenges identified
- The idea provides a sustainable and scalable solution to the social need identified
Note: a max 150 words per answer.
More details on subsequent rounds will be provided to successful teams.